Monday 3 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Rowe and Mazie Hirono.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Eye Witness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1947 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Ruth Rowe: American athlete, a member of the 1984 Olympic Archery team.
- Mazie Hirono: Japanese-American lawyer and politician 9th Lieutenant Governor of Hawaii.
- Joe Lala: American actor and drummer (Blues Image and Manassas) (d. 2014).
- Siiri Oviir: Estonian lawyer and politician 3rd Estonian Minister of Social Affairs.
- Faraj Sarkohi: Iranian journalist and critic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?