Wednesday 3 November 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blood on the Moon, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1948 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Lulu : Scottish singer; a red-haired pop singer of the late '60s, known for singing the theme song and acting in the film, "To Sir With Love.
- Akira Emoto: Japanese actor.
- Takashi Kawamura: Japanese politician.
- Helmuth Koinigg: Austrian Formula One driver (Born 1948).
- Rick Kreuger: American baseball player and coach.
- 2nd NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Toronto 3-1 at Chicago
- Chicago Tribune reports: Dewey beats Truman
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?