Sunday 3 November 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Head, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1968 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Antonio Pettigrew: Macon, Georgia -- 400m (1996 Olympics).
- Alberto Iñurrategi: Spanish mountaineer.
- Paul Quantrill: London, Ontario -- Pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Seiji Takaiwa: Japanese stuntman.
- Bob Packwood is elected senator of Oregon
- Ex-premier Papandreou buried / 300,000 demonstrate against fascist junta
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Canyon Ladies Golf Classic
- New York Jets' Jim Turner kicks six field goals to beat Buffalo Bills 25-21.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Cream - White Room
- The Turtles - Elenore
- Gary Puckett - Over You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 November 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?