Wednesday 3 November 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
My Name Is Trinity, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1971 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Diego Alessi: Italian race car driver.
- Sticky Fingaz: American rapper producer and actor (Onyx).
- Dylan Moran: Irish comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Alison Williamson: English archer.
- Dwight Yorke: Tobagonian footballer and coach.
- Tom Shay: American homicide accomplice with 15-year-older Al Trenkler whom he had met at the train depot in 1990. Trenkler devised a plot in which Tommy's hated dad would be killed. His dad had won a $400,000 civil suit and the two thought that Tom would get a sizable inheritance.
- Darrin Hancock: American basketball player: guard/forward, Hawks
- Colbie Bell: Edmonton, Alberta -- 100kg Greco Roman wrestler (1996 Olympics)
- Joan Kenmore: Actress (Wizard of Oz)
- Matthew Lawton: Gulfport, Mississippi -- Outfielder (Minn Twins)
- Tricia Carolyn Nosko: Miss USA-Indiana (1997)
- William Strong: NFL cornerback (NO Saints)
- Play Misty For Me premieres
- The ''UNIX Programmer's Manual'' is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?