Wednesday 3 October 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1945 ?
- Tony Brown: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Christopher Bruce: English dancer and choreographer.
- Jo Ritzen: Dutch economist and politician Dutch Minister of Education.
- Kay Baxter: Woodsfield, Ohio -- Best Bodybuilder in World (1983-85).
- Rik Kenton: Rocker.
- Viktor Saneyev: USSR -- Triple jumper (1968-80 Olympics - 3 Gold / 1 Silver Medals)
- Lorenzo Bozano: Italian homicide; kidnapped, raped and killed 13-year-old Milena Sutter in Geneva whose body was fished out of the ocean a few days before Lorenzo was arrested on 5/09/1971. He fled to France where he was arrested 1/25/1979. He was extradited to Italy in June 1980 and at his trial, was found guilty and condemned to life in prison.
- Tigers and Cubs meet in World Series for 4th time
- World Federation of Trade Unions formed; CIO a member.
- The President signs Executive Order 9637, creating the Presidential Medal of Merit.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Lily Belle - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- The Blond Sailor - Andrews Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?