Wednesday 3 October 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Grondin and Kathryn D Sullivan in Paterson.
Love Nest, directed by Joseph Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mark Saber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1951 ?
- Jack Grondin: Rock drummer (.38 Special).
- Kathryn D Sullivan in Paterson: New Jersey, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 41-G, 28, 31, 45).
- Dave Winfield: American baseball player who is a multi-threat natural athlete as he was drafted into three professional sports, but opted to play baseball with the San Diego Padres for eight years.
- Keb' Mo': American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Bobby Thomson HR-Giants win pennant defeating Dodgers
- The ''Shot Heard 'Round the World'', one of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history, occurs when the New York Giants' Bobby Thomson hits a game winning home run in the bottom of the ninth inning off of the Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, to win the National League pennant after being down 14 games.
- MGM's Technicolor musical film, ''An American in Paris'', starring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron, premieres in New York. It was directed by Vincente Minnelli. It would go on to win 6 Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
- Shoppers World (one the first shopping malls in the U.S.) opens in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?