Sunday 3 October 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1954 ?
- Stevie Ray Vaughan: Dallas, Texas -- Guitarist (Sky is Crying, Texas Flood).
- Eddie DeGarmo: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (DeGarmo and Key).
- Stevie Vaughan: American musician, a rock star considered by some to have been the greatest blues guitarist ever.
- Monika Griefahn: German politician, co-founder of Greenpeace Germany.
- Dennis Eckersley: American baseball played, a right-handed pitcher who played with the Cleveland Indians (1975–1977), Boston Red Sox (1978–1984, 1998), Chicago Cubs (1984–1986), Oakland Athletics (1987–1995), and St. Louis Cardinals (1996–1997).
- David Azar: American homicide. Convicted on 7/28/1989 of killing his infant daughter, Geneva. He had shaken her on many occasions, breaking bones, On 11/17/1988, when she was four months old, he flung her against a wall, causing a fatal head injury.
- Al Sharpton: American clergyman, a minister and a Democratic activist. Preaching from the age of four, he was ordained at ten. He is the author of an autobiography "Go And Tell Pharaoh."
- Herbert Prior: Actor (Pollyanna), dies at 87.
- Father Knows Best premieres
- KFVS TV channel 12 in Cape Girardeau, MO (CBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?