Monday 3 October 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The 39 Steps, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1960 ?
- Cinzia De Ponti: Italian actress, model and television personality.
- Kevin Eldon: English actor and screenwriter.
- Cinzia De Ponti [Fiordeponti]: Pescara, Italy -- Miss Italy - 1979.
- Pascal Durand: French politician, leader of the French political party Europe Écologie - Les Verts (EELV).
- Michel Godard: French tuba player and jazz musician.
- Janio Quadros elected President of Brazil
- Yanks win 8-7, ending season on a 15 game win streak, and record 193 HRs
- San Francisco's White House department store is first to accept BankAmericard credit card.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?