Wednesday 3 October 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Long Day's Journey Into Night, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1962 ?
- Rick Todd: Toronto, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Ben Hogan Dakota).
- Marco Forieri: Italian saxophonist.
- Tommy Lee: Drummer.
- Stop the World, I Want to Get Off opens at Shubert NYC for 886 performances
- Dodgers set major league-record season attendance of 2,755,184
- Wally Schirra in Sigma 7 launched into Earth orbit.
- Project Mercury: Sigma 7 is launched from Cape Canaveral, with Astronaut Wally Schirra aboard, for a six-orbit, nine-hour flight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Jimmy Clanton - Venus In Blue Jeans
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 October 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?