Monday 3 October 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Hannon and Darrin Fletcher.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Hawaii, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comment ne pas épouser un milliardaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1966 ?
- Frank Hannon: Rock guitarist (Tesla-Psychotic Supper).
- Darrin Fletcher: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing catcher who played with the Los Angeles Dodgers (1989-1990), Philadelphia Phillies (1990-1991), Montreal Expos (1992-1997), and Toronto Blue Jays (1998-2002).
- Kirsten Nelson: TV Actress.
- Marshal Arturo da Costa e Silva elected President
- Tunisia severs diplomatic relations with the United Arab Republic.
- Israel applies for the membership of the EEC.
- Basutoland becomes independent and takes the name Lesotho.
- UNESCO signs the Recommendation Concerning the Status of Teachers. This event is now celebrated as World Teachers' Day.
- An experimental Reactor at the Enrico Fermi Nuclear Generating Station suffered a partial meltdown when its cooling system failed.
- LSD is made illegal in the United States and controlled so strictly that not only were possession and recreational use criminalized, but all legal scientific research programs on the drug in the US were shut down as well.
- The Love Pageant Rally takes place in the Panhandle of Golden Gate Park, a narrower section that projects into San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?