Tuesday 3 October 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1967 ?
- Rob Liefeld: American author and illustrator.
- Chris Collingwood: English-American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Fountains of Wayne).
- Tiffany Chin: American figure skater, who started skating at eight and was the figure skating Junior World Champion within four years.
- Pinto Colvig: Animation voice (Goofy, Pluto), dies at 75.
- Walter Muller von Kulm: Composer, dies at 68.
- Woodrow Wilson "Woodie" Guthrie: US folk singer / guitarist, dies at 55.
- Woody Guthrie: American singer-songwriter and musician whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works.
- Malcolm Sargent: English conductor (Last Night of Proms), dies at 72.
- KGSC (now KICU) TV channel 36 in San Jose, CA (IND) begins
- William Knight sets X-15 speed rec of 7,297 km/h / 4,534 mph / Mach 6.72
- An X-15 research aircraft with test pilot William J. Knight establishes an unofficial world fixed-wing speed record of Mach 6.7.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 October 1967 and get them!