Sunday 3 October 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The French Connection, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1971 ?
- Wil Cordero: Puerto Rican-American baseball player and coach.
- Black Thought: American rapper and actor (The Roots).
- Reggie Givens: CFL linebacker (Toronto Argonauts).
- Ingrid Chauvin: French stage and TV films actress, known for her roles in the series "Mediterranée" and "Dolmen", and in the police procedural serie "Femmes de Loi" (with Natacha Amal).
- Kevin Richardson: American singer (Backstreet Boys).
- Billie Jean King becomes first female athlete to win $100,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?