Monday 3 October 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Hollie and Shazia Mirza.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) by Meco.
In UK Silver Lady by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
That Obscure Object of Desire, directed by Luis Bunuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glenview High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dominos or Indy 500.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1977!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1977 ?
- Daniel Hollie: American wrestler.
- Shazia Mirza: English comedian actress and journalist.
- Eric Munson: American baseball player and coach.
- Luca Tognozzi: Italian footballer.
- Comedy with Music (Victor Borge) opens at Imperial NYC for 66 performances
- Indira Gandhi arrested
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) - Meco
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice
- Commodores - Brick House
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?