Saturday 3 October 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Didn't We Almost Have It All by Whitney Houston.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Near Dark, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1987 ?
- Kaci American: singer and actress.
- Robert Grabarz: English high jumper.
- Martin Plowman: English race car driver.
- Zuleyka Rivera: Puerto Rican model and actress Miss Universe 2006.
- Kaci : Pop Singer.
- Jean Anouilh: French writer, the leading dramatist after WW II, a period that was exceptionally rich in French theater.
- Benito Santiago ends longest catcher / rookie hitting streak at 34
- Michael Pruffer of France skis 135.26 MPH at Portillo, Chile.
- The Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement is reached but still requires ratification. This agreement would be a precursor to NAFTA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- Prince - U Got The Look
- Europe - Carrie
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Heart - Who Will You Run To
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Paper In Fire
- Smokey Robinson - One Heartbeat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 October 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?