Wednesday 3 October 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AMF Bowling Pinbusters! or Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 3 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 October
- M N Vijayan: Indian writer, orator, and academic (Born 1930).
- Hundreds of witnesses report seeing a flaming ball cross the skies of Minnesota, accompanied by a sonic boom, and a rain of debris.
- More than 3,000 gold miners are trapped underground in the Elandskraal mine at Elandsrand, northwest of Johannesburg, South Africa, owned by Harmony Gold Mining. (BBC)
- The United States and Russia sign a pact to use Russian technology on NASA missions to hunt for water on the moon and Mars. (Reuters)
- United States President George W. Bush vetoes an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program. (AP via Google News)
- Edward Pietrzyk, the Polish ambassador to Iraq, is hurt and his bodyguard is killed by a bomb attack in Baghdad. (Bloomberg)
- Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says that the corruption charges against her have not been dropped, and that Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad's announcement is part of a disinformation campaign. (NYT)
- Lal Masjid mosque opens to the public three months after being seized by the Pakistani army.
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- The State Peace and Development Council releases 80 Buddhist monks and 149 Buddhist nuns. (Reuters via News Limited)
- United Nations envoy Ibrahim Gambari leaves the country, while arrests and intimidation of demonstrators continue. (BBC)
- 2007 Pacific typhoon season: Vietnam evacuates 400,000 people from the provinces of Nghe An and Ha Tinh ahead of Severe Tropical Storm Lekima (Hanna). Two people die and hundreds of houses collapse when the storm strikes. (AP via CNN)
- North Korea:
- The President of South Korea Roh Moo-hyun and the leader of North Korea Kim Jong-Il commence talks in Pyongyang. (Reuters)
- Kim Jong-Il proposes to extend the talks by one day, but Roh Moo-hyun declines. (CNN)
- At the six-party talks in Beijing, North Korea agrees to fully shut down its nuclear program by the end of the year. (NYT)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?