Monday 3 October 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Hugo, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 October 2011 ?
- Boone Church: American child of noted family, his parents are Eric Church, country singer and his wife Katherine.
- North Caucasus insurgency:
- Two police officers are killed in a suicide car bombing in Kizilyurt, Dagestan, Russia. (CNN)
- A mosque in the Israeli village of Tuba-Zangaria is torched. (Haaretz)
- American cell phone service provider Sprint Nextel reportedly pays $20 billion for exclusive rights to Apple's next mobile phone. (''Wall Street Journal'' via CNET)
- The United States Supreme Court announces that it won't hear a much-noted dispute on the width of the ampquotfirst saleampquot doctrine in copyright law. (''Washington Post'')
- Eight people are injured following an explosion and fire at a factory in Surrey, United Kingdom. (BBC)
- An Italian appeals court overturns Amanda Knox's 26-year sentence for murder and sexual assault. (CBC News)
- A US court sentences two more Somali pirates to life in prison for capturing a yacht off the coast of Africa in February. (AFP via Google News)
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt presents her new coalition government, thereby becoming the 41st and the first female Prime Minister of Denmark. She takes over the office from Lars Løkke Rasmussen. (''Winnipeg Free Press'')
- Advocates for prisoners in the US state of California claim that more than 12,000 inmates are now participating in a hunger strike over prison conditions. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Bruce Beutler of the US, Jules A. Hoffmann of France and Ralph Steinman of Canada (posthumously) share the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for research into the immune system. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?