Sunday 3 September 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Memphis Slim [Peter Chatman] and Anna Flood.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1916 ?
- Memphis Slim [Peter Chatman]: Rocker.
- Anna Flood: American astrologer, a member of AFA in April 1974.
- Clyde Hurley: American trumpeter during the big band era, a key soloist with the Glenn Miller band, 1939-1940.
- Raymond Demarty: Montauban Military man.
- Trigger Alpert: American bassist (Glenn Miller Orchestra) (d. 2013).
- Eddie Stanky: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Sent My Wife to the Thousand Isles - Al Jolson
- At the End of a Beautiful Day - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Babes in the Wood - Prince's Orchestra
- It's a Hundred to One You're in Love - M.J. O'Connell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?