Sunday 3 September 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1916 ?
- Memphis Slim [Peter Chatman]: Rocker.
- Trigger Alpert: American bassist (Glenn Miller Orchestra) (d. 2013).
- Eddie Stanky: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1999).
- Anna Flood: American astrologer, a member of AFA in April 1974.
- Clyde Hurley: American trumpeter during the big band era, a key soloist with the Glenn Miller band, 1939-1940.
- Raymond Demarty: Montauban Military man
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Sent My Wife to the Thousand Isles - Al Jolson
- At the End of a Beautiful Day - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Babes in the Wood - Prince's Orchestra
- It's a Hundred to One You're in Love - M.J. O'Connell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?