Tuesday 3 September 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1940 ?
- Eduardo Galeano: Uruguayan journalist, writer and novelist.
- Pauline Collins: British actress who won international acclaim for "Shirley Valentine.
- Frank Duffy: English architect.
- Felipe Pirela: Venezuelan singer, known as "El bolero singer of America.
- Brian Lochore: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Paul Loverde: American ecclesiastical, ordained a Roman Catholic priest and known for his conservative views. He was ordained into the priesthood on December 18, 1965 and ordained a Bishop on April 12, 1988 serving parishes and dioceses in Connecticut and New York state. In early 1999 he was appointed to the Bishopric of Arlington, VA. Along with Justin Rigali and others, he has urged Catholics not to vote for politicians who are pro-choice (i.e., for a woman's rights to choose to end a pregnancy).
- Macha Meril: French actress born to Vladimir Gagarine, a Russian prince. In 2014, she forecasts her marriage with musician Michel Legrand.
- 1st showing of high definition color TV
- 39.4 CM rainfall at Sapulpa Oklahoma (state record)
- Netherlands government in exile of Gerbrandy forms London
- Sicherheits police bans Freemasons, Rotary, and Red Cross
- US gives Britain 50 destroyers in exchange for Newfoundland base lease
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?