Friday 3 September 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1948 ?
- Don Brewer: American singer-songwriter and drummer (Grand Funk Railroad and Terry Knight and the Pack).
- Lyudmila Karachkina: Ukrainian astronomer.
- Fotis Kouvelis: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice.
- Levy Mwanawasa: Zambian lawyer and politician 3rd President of Zambia (d. 2008).
- Donald Brewer: Flint, Michigan -- Rock drummer (Grand Funk Railroad).
- Minouche Janmaat-Abee: Dutch MP (CDA)
- Ronald W Harris: Canton, Ohio -- Lightweight boxer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Tara Oedayraj Singh Varma: 1st black woman in Dutch 2nd Chamber
- Ronnie Harris: American boxer, Olympic Gold medal Lightweight champion. At 132 lbs, he won the Gold at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
- Jacques Esclassan: French road bicycle racer, who won the green jersey in the 1977 Tour de France. He also won five stages in the Tour de France and a stage in Vuelta a España.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1948 and get them!