Friday 3 September 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Brewer and Minouche Janmaat-Abee.
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1948 ?
- Donald Brewer: Flint, Michigan -- Rock drummer (Grand Funk Railroad).
- Minouche Janmaat-Abee: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Ronald W Harris: Canton, Ohio -- Lightweight boxer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Tara Oedayraj Singh Varma: 1st black woman in Dutch 2nd Chamber.
- Jacques Esclassan: French road bicycle racer, who won the green jersey in the 1977 Tour de France.
- Ronnie Harris: American boxer, Olympic Gold medal Lightweight champion. At 132 lbs, he won the Gold at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
- Don Brewer: American singer-songwriter and drummer (Grand Funk Railroad and Terry Knight and the Pack)
- Lyudmila Karachkina: Ukrainian astronomer
- Fotis Kouvelis: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice
- Levy Mwanawasa: Zambian lawyer and politician 3rd President of Zambia (d. 2008)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?