Friday 3 September 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1954 ?
- Jaak Uudmäe: Estonian triple jumper and coach.
- Thomas Valentin: French media company executive, who, since 26 May 2000, has served as Vice President of the Management Board (antennas and content) of M6 (Metropole Television), the most profitable private national French TV channel.
- Marika Kotopouli: Greek actress (Born 1887).
- China begins artillery bombing on Quemoy and Amoy
- Espionage and Sabotage Act of 1954 signed
- Pope Pius X canonized a saint.
- The People's Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy.
- The German U-Boat U-505 begins its move from a specially constructed dock to its final site at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry.
- The last new episode of ''The Lone Ranger'' is aired on radio, after 2,956 episodes over a period of 21 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1954 and get them!