Monday 3 September 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick McGeown and Hans-Georg Beyer.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hey, Jeannie!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1956 ?
- Patrick McGeown: Politician.
- Hans-Georg Beyer: in German Democratic Republic; team handball player (Olympic-gold-1980).
- Jishu Dasgupta: Indian actor and director (d. 2012).
- Pat McGeown: Northern Irish Provisional Irish Republican Army member (d. 1996).
- Stephen Woolley: English director and producer.
- Tanks are deployed against racist demonstrators in Clinton, Tennessee
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?