Sunday 3 September 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Wooden Heart by Joe Dowell.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Yojimbo, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1961 ?
- Brian Thomas Kamm: Rochester, New York -- PGA golfer (1994 Bell Canadian-6th).
- Greg Petersen: Iowa City, Iowa -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Klondike-6th).
- Rene Gonzales: Austin, Texas -- Infielder (Texas Rangers).
- Andy Griffiths: Children's Author.
- Robert E Gross: American businessman (Born 1897).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Ral Donner - You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - School Is Out
- Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angel Eyes
- Linda Scott - Don't Bet Money Honey
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?