Thursday 3 September 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1964 ?
- Norbert Huber: Italian pro bobsledder who placed with a Bronze Medal in the Olympics in two-man team at Albertville, February 1992.
- Adam Curry: American-Dutch businessman and television host co-founded mevio.
- Ernest Givins: NFL wide receiver (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Spike Feresten: American screenwriter and producer.
- Glenn Joyner: Ferntree Gully, Victoria -- Australasia golfer.
- Thomas Ford: American actor and producer
- Toshiyuki Sakai: Hockey forward (Team Japan 1998)
- Holt McCallany: American actor
- Nigel Rhodes: English actor and guitarist
- Junaid Jamshed: Pakistani singer
- US attorney general Robert Kennedy resigns
- Wilderness Act signed into law by President Lyndon B Johnson
- US Wilderness Act signed into law by President Lyndon B Johnson.
- By an Act of Congress (Retention of 1964 on All Coins Act), the U.S. Mint is authorized to strike 1964-dated coins past the end of the calendar year, due to a coin shortage. Production of 0.900 fine silver coins is to end in June 1965.
- Robert Kennedy resigns as attorney general.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1964 and get them!