Sunday 3 September 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1972 ?
- Antonius Bonner: CFL defensive back (Toronto Argonauts).
- Roland Ramoser: Hockey forward (Team Italy 1998).
- Natalia Estrada: Spanish actress, model and television presenter.
- Christine Boudrias: Canadian short track speed skater.
- Bob Evans: American wrestler and trainer.
- Robbie O'Davis: Australian rugby player
- Martin Straka: Pizen, Czechoslovakia -- NHL forward (Team Czech Rep, Florida)
- Abdel-Aziz Essayed: French reality TV contestant on "Loft Story" in the Spring of 2001.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?