Monday 3 September 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tomo Milicevic and Julio Cesar.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SportsCenter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monaco GP or Star Trek: Phaser Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1979 ?
- Tomo Milicevic: Bosnian-born American guitarist (30 Seconds to Mars).
- Julio Cesar: Soccer Player.
- Júlio César: Brazilian footballer.
- Tiffany Chapman: English actress.
- Tomo Miličević: Bosnian-American guitarist (Thirty Seconds to Mars).
- Iran army conquerors Mahabad
- Jo Ann Washam wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- Hurricane David, a strong Atlantic storm, kills over 1,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?