Wednesday 3 September 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARCA Sim Racing '08 or Big Beach Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 3 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 September
- Donald Blakeslee: American World War II aviator (Born 1917).
- The CW network in the USA debuts the new 90210 TV Show.
- The Republican Party officially endorses Arizona Senator John McCain as its candidate in the 2008 United States presidential election. (''The New York Times'')
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season:
- Hurricane Ike becomes the fifth hurricane of the 2008 Atlantic hurricane season, later strengthening to Category 3. (AP via Google News)
- United States Army troops cross the Pakistan border and launch a raid in the Angoor Ada region of Waziristan. Twenty civilians die. (ABC News)
- GMAC's Residential Capital mortgage provider announces plans to dramatically reduce the size of its business resulting in the loss of 5,000 jobs. (''Minneapolis-St Paul Star-Tribune'')
- Japan's Kyodo news agency reports that North Korea has started rebuilding the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center in retaliation for the United States failing to remove it from a list of states that sponsor terrorism. (CNN)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit finds ampquotthat a reliance on information in Wikipedia is insufficient grounds for a rulingampquot in an immigration case. (Ars Technica)
- Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousaf Raza Gilani survives an assassination attempt. (BBC News)
- The Independent Monitoring Commission reports that the Provisional IRA has effectively been disbanded as a terrorist organization, but the Provisional IRA Army Council still exists. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?