Friday 3 September 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Resident Evil: Afterlife, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 September
- Rebels in Darfur say armed men have attacked villages in the region leaving dozens dead in the last two days. (AFP)
- A suicide bomber injures at least 25 Tajikistan police officers with several missing following an attack on a regional headquarters at Khujand. (RIA Novosti)
- A Taliban bomb attack on a Shiite solidarity rally with the Palestinian people kills at least 53 people in Quetta, Pakistan. (''The Times of India'')
- Unemployment in the United States rises to 9.6% for August. (Market Watch)
- Mount Sinabung in North Sumatra, Indonesia, erupts again. (Bernama)
- States in the New England region of the United States prepare for a possible impact from Hurricane Earl which has weakened to a tropical storm. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Forest fires flare up in the southern Russian regions of Volgograd and Saratov, killing two people and burning down 500 buildings. (BBC)
- Landslides in the village of Wama near Baoshan in China kill at least 12 people with 36 missing. (Sky News Australia)
- South Africa criticises a life sentence passed against former Madagascan President Marc Ravalomanana, as it would ampquotnot helpampquot the country's political situation. (AllAfrica.com)
- Japan approves additional sanctions against Iran due to concerns over Iran's nuclear program. (AP via ABC News America)
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization calls a special meeting for 24 September to discuss rising food prices. (BBC)
- Miami International Airport in the US state of Florida is evacuated after a suspicious package is found. A passenger is taken into custody. (CNN)
- The President of the Philippines, Benigno Aquino III, takes responsibility for the handling of the Manila hostage crisis in August. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Seven defendants are found guilty of abusing children in the Casa Pia child sex abuse trial in Lisbon, Portugal. (BBC)
- Militant Australian Islamic preacher Feiz Mohammad calls for Dutch politician Geert Wilders to be ampquotbeheadedampquot for denigrating Islam. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Royal Mail in the United Kingdom launches the first intelligent postage stamp, the first to work with image recognition technology. (BBC)
- A study published in the journal ''Cell'' reports the discovery that the cerebral cortex of mammals shares a common evolutionary origin with mushroom bodies, brain structures involved in learning and memory in insects and other invertebrates. (Science Daily)
- The International Cricket Council charges three Pakistan cricketers who are then formally interviewed by police into a betting scam alleged by the ''News of the World''. (''The Guardian'')
- Qualification starts for UEFA Euro 2012 in European football, with wins for Germany and 2010 FIFA World Cup finalists Spain and the Netherlands. (''The Guardian'')
- France is booed by their fans after an embarrassing 1-0 home defeat against Belarus. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?