Thursday 4 April 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chase Me Charlie, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1918 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Earl Jellicoe: chancellor (University of Southhampton).
- Margaret Dupont: Tennis champion.
- George Jellicoe: Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords & Special Boat Service veteran (Born 1918).
- Food riot in Amsterdam.
- Battle of Somme ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dark Town Strutters' Ball - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Sweet Little Buttercup - Elizabeth Spencer & Shannon Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?