Wednesday 4 April 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manon H E Alving and Georges Coulonges.
The Bright Shawl, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1923 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Manon H E Alving: Dutch actress (Short American).
- Georges Coulonges: French writer, screenwriter and lyricist, who died on 12 June 2003 in Pern.
- Frederick Koch: American musician, a composer, pianist, conductor, and teacher.
- Albert Lévy: French journalist, editor and human rights activist, who was Secretary General of 'Mouvement contre le racisme et pour l'amitié entre les peuples' (Movement Against Racism and for Friendship between Peoples) between 1971 and 1989.
- Gene Reynolds: American actor, producer, and director.
- Peter Vaughan: English actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Who Did You Fool, After All? - Nora Bayes
- Haunting Blues - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Aggravatin' Papa - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?