Saturday 4 April 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1942 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Elizabeth Levy: American author.
- Kitty Kelley: American scandalmonger author of unauthorized celebrity biographies, including "Jackie Oh!" in 1978, "The Last Star," about Elizabeth Taylor, in 1981, and "His Way: Frank Sinatra" in 1986.
- Robert Sczepaniak: .
- Jean-Marie Benoist: French philosopher, writer and academic.
- Tom Fisher: American baseball player, right-handed pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles from 1967-1969.
- Michel Fourniret: French serial killer who confessed in June and July 2004 to kidnapping, raping and murdering nine girls in a span of 14 years from the 1980s to the 2000s. He was also accused of 10 additional murders, nine in France and one in Belgium, and was found guilty of seven of these charges. The trials started on 27 March 2008 and ended on 28 May. He is sometimes referred to as the "Ogre/Beast of the Ardennes".
- Kris Jensen: Rocker
- Jim Fregosi: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?