Tuesday 4 April 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1944 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Magda Aelvoet: Belgian politician.
- Mary Kenny: Irish journalist author and playwright.
- Nelson Prudêncio: Brazilian triple jumper and educator (d. 2012).
- Toktamış Ateş: Turkish academician political commentator columnist and writer (d. 2013).
- David Melville: Professor / Director (Middlesex Polytechnic).
- Lawrence A Hough: United States -- Rower (Pairs w / o cox-1968 olympic silver)
- Craig Nelson: TV Actor
- Craig T Nelson: American actor
- Karel Weis: Composer, dies at 82.
- De Gaulle forms new regime in exile, with communists
- British troops capture Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- John Peale Bishop, American poet (Undertaker's Garland), dies at age 51.
- World War II: First bombardment of Bucharest by Anglo-American forces kills 3000 civilians.
- WWII: An allied Surveillance aircraft photographs part of Auschwitz concentration camp.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?