Friday 4 April 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Monsieur Verdoux, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1947 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- James Brunolte: American military man who volunteered for service in Vietnam, where he lost both legs, one arm and one eye.
- Ray Fosse: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Luke Halpin: American actor and stuntman.
- Salvatore Sciarrino: Composer.
- Wiranto : Retired Indonesian army general, he made an unsuccesful bid for the country's presidency in 2004 representing Indonesia's largest party, Golkar.
- William O'Donnell: Irish politician (Born ?).
- Convention on International Civil Aviation goes into effect
- Largest group of sunspots on record
- International Civil Aviation Organization
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes
- Art Lund - Mam'selle
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?