Monday 4 April 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Lingle and Junior Braithwaite.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1949 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Larry Lingle: Rocker.
- Junior Braithwaite: Jamaican singer (The Wailers) (d. 1999).
- Braithwaite: Jamaican-American singer (Bob Marley and the Wailers) (d. 1999).
- Shing-Tung Yau: Chinese-American mathematician and academic.
- WKRC TV channel 12 in Cincinnati, OH (ABC) begins broadcasting
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) pact signed in Washington DC by US, Britain, France and Canada.
- Israel and Jordan sign armistice agreement.
- Twelve nations sign the North Atlantic Treaty creating the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?