Saturday 4 April 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kirk Oakes and Robert Bertrand.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rod Brown of the Rocket Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1953 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Kirk Oakes: American psychic who claimed to be a healer.
- Robert Bertrand: Canadian politician.
- Henry Fotheringham: former South African cricketer.
- Simcha Jacobovici: Canadian director producer journalist and author.
- Agustí Villaronga: Spanish filmmaker.
- Sammy Wilson: Northern Irish politician 31st Lord Mayor of Belfast
- Chen Yi: Chinese violinist and composer
- KFDA TV channel 10 in Amarillo, TX (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song From Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Faliecia Sanders)
- April In Portugal - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?