Thursday 4 April 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Young Love by Tab Hunter was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1957 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Ali El Haggar: Egyptian singer and actor.
- Peter Englund: Swedish historian and author of several popular books on history.
- Graeme Kelling: Scottish musician, guitar player and member of the group, Deacon Blue, that was originally formed by Ricky Ross in 1985.
- Aki Kaurismaki: Finnish film director who collaborated with his older brother, Mika, dividing their work according to a carefully observed schedule to save funds and optimize time with equipment and crews.
- Kelso : American race horse (d. 1983).
- Aki Kaurismäki: Finnish director producer and screenwriter
- Nobuyoshi Kuwano: Japanese singer and trumpet player (Rats & Star)
- E Herbert Norman: Canadian diplomat (Born 1909).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?