Friday 4 April 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hrvoje Horvatic and John Wesley Jones in Lawton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1958 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Hrvoje Horvatic: Video artist.
- John Wesley Jones in Lawton: Oklahoma, USA; 4X100 metre relayer (Olympics-gold-1976).
- Bernard Campan: French actor and film director, he was nominated for best actor for his role in "Se souvenir des belles choses".
- Cazuza : Brazilian singer and composer.
- Mary-Margaret Humes: American model and actress.
- Peter Baltes: German bass player (Accept)
- 1st march against nuclear weapons (Aldermaston England)
- The CND Peace Symbol displayed in public for the first time in London.
- April 7 – In the first protest march for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament from Hyde Park, London to Aldermaston, Berkshire, demonstrators demand the banning of nuclear weapons.
- Cheryl Crane, daughter of actress Lana Turner, fatally stabs her mother's gangster lover Johnny Stompanato (the stabbing is eventually ruled as self-defense).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?