Tuesday 4 April 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1961 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Tom Byron: American porn actor and director.
- Hildi Santo-Tomas: American interior decorator.
- Christophe Cène: French astrologer, he was the chief editor of the periodical "Astrologie Pratique".
- Matt Cole: Stratford, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1990 Space Coast).
- Simion Stoilow: Romanian mathematician (Born 1873).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?