Thursday 4 April 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1968 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Jesus Miguel Rollan Prada: Spanish water polo player (d. 2006).
- Xenia Seeberg: German actress.
- Jesús Rollán: Spanish water polo player (d. 2006).
- Andre Bowden: WLAF linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Martin Luther King: Jr.
- Education of Hyman Kaplan opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 28 performances
- Apollo 6 launched atop Saturn V rocket; unmanned.
- Reverend Martin Luther King Jr, civil rights leader, is assassinated by a sniper's bullet in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, at age 39.
- Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 6.
- AEK Athens BC becomes the first Greek team to win the European Basketball Cup.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?