Wednesday 4 April 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Scarecrow, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1973 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- David Blaine: American illusionist.
- Gildas Loaëc: French producer and DJ, manager of the electro group Daft Punk.
- Chris Banks: American football player (d. 2014).
- Loris Capirossi: Italian motorcycle racer.
- Peter Hoekstra: Dutch footballer and coach.
- Chris McCormack: Australian triathlete and coach
- Damon Allen: American figure skater. Injuries plagued his career during the mid-90s, but rehabilitation and hard work led to a bounce-back by the turn of the century.
- Peter Hoekstra Dutch soccer player (PSV: Ajax).
- Damon Allen in Winston-Salem: North Carolina, USA; figure skater (1997 Midwestern champion).
- Tiffany Woosley: WNBA guard (Houston Comets).
- Ryan Coughlin: Canadian Football League offensive linebacker (Montreal Alouettes).
- The World Trade Center in New York is officially dedicated.
- The World Trade Center officially opens in New York City with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Fahri Korutürk becomes the sixth president of Turkey.
- ''Pioneer 11'' is launched on a mission to study the solar system.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Carpenters - Sing
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- War - The Cisco Kid
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?