Wednesday 4 April 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 4 April 2012 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- 2012 South Sudan–Sudan border conflict: The Sudan People's Liberation Army says it shot down a Sudanese MiG-29 jet fighter in South Sudan's Unity state. (CNN)
- A suicide bomber kills at least 12 people and injures many more in Afghanistan's Faryab province. (AFP via ''The Telegraph'')
- A suicide bomber detonates an explosion in Somalia's national theatre in Mogadishu while a ceremony is taking place, killing at least ten people, including the presidents of the Somali Olympic Committee and the Somali Football Federation. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal Constitution'')
- German Nobel laureate Günter Grass's poem, that accuses Israel of plotting to ampquotwipe outampquot Iran, generates controversy. (AFP via Google)
- As many as 50,000 homes in northern England are hit by a power blackout after heavy winds, snow and ice bring down electricity cables. (BBC)
- The first deployment of US Marines arrives in the Australian city of Darwin, Northern Territory. (BBC)
- The 20th ASEAN Summit meeting in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, calls for sanctions to be lifted against Myanmar or Burma following recent by-elections. (Today Online)
- France arrests ten suspected militant Islamists following 13 people arrested last week. (CNN)
- Former New Orleans Police Department officers are sentenced to decades in jail for shooting civilians after Hurricane Katrina, and a subsequent coverup. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?