Wednesday 4 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1909 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Glenn Cunningham: American middle-distance runner (d. 1988).
- Saunders Lane: American mathematician and academic (d. 2005).
- Saunders Mac Lane: American mathematician (d. 2005).
- Franco Gentilini: Italian artist, painter, graphic designer.
- Roberto Burle Marx: Landscape gardener.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1909 and get them!