Monday 4 August 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1913 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Robert Hayden: American poet and educator (d. 1980).
- Johann Niemann: German lieutenant (d. 1943).
- Paul-Henri Chombart de Lauwe: French sociologist, best known as one of the pioneers of urban sociology in France.
- Wesley Addy: Omaha, Nebraska -- Actor (Bostonians, Loving).
- Andre Verdet: France Writer.
- In China, the province of Chungking declares independence Chinese Republican forces crush the rebellion in a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't Play Every Instrument in the Band - Joseph Cawthorn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1913 and get them!