Monday 4 August 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1924 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Antonio Macanico: Italian politician, Secretary-General of the Republic of Italy.
- Diplomatic relations between Mexico and the Soviet Union are established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Memory Lane
- Lazy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Parts 1 & 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1924 and get them!