Thursday 4 August 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Barbier and Gerard Darrow.
Horse Feathers, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1932 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Hubert Barbier: French Catholic bishop, who has served as Archbishop Emeritus of Bourges since 2007.
- Gerard Darrow: American prodigy, one of the original Quiz Kids who appeared on the first radio broadcast of the show 6/28/1940; a skilled naturalist.
- Lew Selznick: American noted family, the first of two sons born to David O. Selznick and his first wife, Irene Mayer, the daughter of legendary mogul Louis B. Mayer.
- Frances Allen: American computer scientist and academic.
- Liang Congjie: Chinese environmentalist founded Friends of Nature (d. 2010).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?