Friday 4 August 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan Eugene Brooks and Rudi van Dantzig.
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1933 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Nathan Eugene Brooks: Cleveland, Ohio -- Flyweight boxer (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rudi van Dantzig: Dutch choreographer / ballet dancer (Painted Birds).
- Rudi Dantzig: Dutch ballet dancer and choreographer, famed for his grace and great talent.
- Nate Brooks: American boxer, a Gold medal champion in the Flyweight event at the 1952 Olympics.
- Sheldon Adelson: Entrepreneur.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?