Saturday 4 August 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Housewife, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1934 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Dallas Green: American baseball player and manager.
- Dallas Green baseball manager (Philadelphia Phillies: New York Yankees).
- Jonas Savimbi: Angolian leader of Unita.
- Rutger Kopland [Rutger van den Hoofdakker]: Dutch poet.
- New York Giants' player Mel Ott sets record of six runs in game and beats Philadelphia Phillies 21-4.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1934 and get them!