Tuesday 4 August 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1936 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Elsberry Hobbs: Rocker (Drifters).
- Giorgos Zographos: Greek singer and actor (d. 2005).
- Mani Matter: Popular Swiss singer-songwriter.
- Kenneth Derr: American mechanical engineer and CEO of Chevron Oil Corporation.
- Henry Schoenfeld: Composer, dies at 78.
- Ioannis Metaxas names himself Dictator of Greece
- Prime Minister of Greece Ioannis Metaxas suspends parliament and the Constitution and establishes the 4th of August Regime.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1936 and get them!