Tuesday 4 August 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elsberry Hobbs and Kenneth Derr.
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1936 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Elsberry Hobbs: Rocker (Drifters).
- Kenneth Derr: American mechanical engineer and CEO of Chevron Oil Corporation.
- Mani Matter: Popular Swiss singer-songwriter.
- Giorgos Zographos: Greek singer and actor (d. 2005).
- Henry Schoenfeld: Composer, dies at 78.
- Ioannis Metaxas names himself Dictator of Greece
- Prime Minister of Greece Ioannis Metaxas suspends parliament and the Constitution and establishes the 4th of August Regime.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?