Wednesday 4 August 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Life of Emile Zola, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1937 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- David Vickerman Bedford: Composer.
- Jacobus H "Koos" van de Merwe: South African attorney / CP parliament leader.
- Thierry Roland: French sportscaster, a French-language sports commentator with Jean-Michel Larque on soccer matches.
- David Bedford: English keyboard player composer and conductor (d. 2011).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?