Tuesday 4 August 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Russell and Don S Davis.
Wake Island, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1942 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- David Russell: Lange; Prime Minister (Liberal) of New Zealand (1984-).
- Don S Davis: American actor and painter (d. 2008).
- Peter Desberg: Hungarian-American psychologist and teacher at Cal-State Dominguez Hills; a musician, humorist, songwriter, and co-author with Betsy Rodden of "No Good Dogs" in 1982.
- Annette Roux: French businesswoman, an executive in the Beneteau family business, a sail and motor boat manufacturing company with production facilities in France and the United States.
- Don Davis: American actor and painter (d. 2008).
- Cleon Jones: American baseball player
- David Lange: New Zealand lawyer and politician 32nd Prime Minister of New Zealand (d. 2005)
- Alberto Franchetti: Italian-American composer and educator (d. 1942).
- 1st train with Jews departs Mechelen Belgium to Auschwitz
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Cairo
- Colonel-General Jeremenko arrives in Stalingrad / welcomed by Nikita Khrushchev
- German occupier orders all Dutch homing pigeons killed
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?