Friday 4 August 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doudou Ndoye? and Richard Belzer.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1944 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Doudou Ndoye?: Senegalese lawyer and politician.
- Richard Belzer: American actor who began his career as a comedian and became best known for his role as Detective John Munch on the television series "Homicide: Life on the Streets.
- Edward Forry: American journalist and publisher, Forry founded, owns and operates local newspapers in the Boston, MA area.
- Amjad Amjad: Pakistani poet screenwriter and songwriter.
- Orhan Gencebay: Turkish singer-songwriter producer and actor.
- Anne Frank arrested in Amsterdam by Nazis
- British 8th army reaches suburbs of Florence Italy
- The Holocaust: a tip from a Dutch informer leads the Gestapo to a sealed-off area in an Amsterdam warehouse where they find and arrest Jewish diarist Anne Frank, her family, and four others.
- WWII: Over 500 Japanese prisoners-of-war attempt a mass breakout from the Cowra POW Camp.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?